Wednesday 10 December 2014

So Daring!

If it wasn't already obvious I'm a budget kinda gal and right now money is tighter than ever. But sometimes you need a treat to keep you smilin'. For years I'd kind of avoided wearing lipstick. Even as a teenager I hated the feeling on my lips and ended up wiping it off after about an hour.


I feel ya, kid.


But since hitting my late twenties, and admittedly a little late to the gane, I discovered the joy of matte lipstick. I was treated to M.A.C Ruby Woo by an old boyfriend and now I haven't looked back.
Of course my budget right now does not have room for such luxuries. But my problems were solved when Make Up Acacemy (MUA) introduced their Velvet Lip Lacquer into the MUA Luxe range. I was in love and for £3 it was a total bargain! Back when they first came out I picked up three from the original range; Kooky, Reckless, and Funk
But recently MUA brought some more shades out and I treated myself to Dare.


Image taken from muastore.co.uk

The packaging is nice and simple but looks good; a frosted glass tube and the branding on the cap in gold. The applicator is like what you would find with most lip glosses. Similar to a lip gloss when you apply it but it then dries matte.





Like most mattes I've used you have to put a little prep into your lips. A little exfoliation and some balm helps to create a smoother application. One thing I've found is that they can latch onto chapped skin and crumble. But once it's on then it's ON. It's kiss-proof and has great staying power. But how does it fair with food and drink? 


Image taken post-pasty destruction

In the photo I am pouting slightly to show that there was some smuging it wasn't a great deal. It was nothing more than I would have expected and certainly less than a glossier number. 

So while I wouldn't recommend leaving it at home I think it's just one minor issue compared to a lot of positives. The colour is rich and well pigmented, application is easy, comes nicely packaged and did I mention it was £3?! So cheap! 


Are there any colours you love in their range? Have you tried them out? I'd love to know what you think! 

Kerry.


No comments:

Post a Comment