Wednesday 27 January 2016

That's A Wrap! Featuring So Fabulous Faux Fur Coat

Back in September I attended the Curve Fashion Fest in Manchester. So Fabulous were holding a competition to win an outfit just by choosing something from the rails and having your photo snapped in it. Sadly I didn't win it but I was excited to find this Faux Fur Shawl Collar Wrap Coat (phew!). They didn't have my size at the time but it still looked pretty cute.

ruby thunder, plus size alternative blogger, fatshion, fat fashion, plus size blogger, rubythunder.com, so fabulous clothing


I wasn't able to get my paws on it until just recently, but luckily we got a second wind of cold winter weather so I didn't lose my chance to wear it. I have been pining for a fur trimmed pea coat style for so long, but most brands like Collectif and so forth don't even acknowledge anything close to my size. 

ruby thunder, plus size alternative blogger, fatshion, fat fashion, plus size blogger, rubythunder.com, so fabulous clothing

ruby thunder, plus size alternative blogger, fatshion, fat fashion, plus size blogger, rubythunder.com, so fabulous clothing


The coat itself is a lovely soft wool and fully lined. It's actually a little more flurry looking than the photos suggest. I don't personally like the belt that comes with it. I feel a bit like a link of sausages in it so I choose not to wear it with it. The faux fur collar is super soft and I feel like a real luxury bitch in it. 

ruby thunder, plus size alternative blogger, fatshion, fat fashion, plus size blogger, rubythunder.com, so fabulous clothing


I did have to size up. Mostly because, while it fit great on top, the bottom buttons were straining and I didn't think they'd last too long. Plus I wanted a coat to actually cover me if I was forking out for a new one! It meant I did have to compromise on a nicer fit on top but at least it's not snug. 

My only disappointment with it is that while the fur collar is detachable (hooray, you can create different looks!) some of the buttons that held it on have come off already and I've only had it a few weeks. Disappointing for the money you are paying. But it IS a fixable issue, if you've got the teeny tiny needles to sew them back on.

Thankfully I didn't pay full price for it as it has been reduced but it's a lovely warm coat, and it looks fab. I'm really pleased with it! 


2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful coat but a shame about the buttons coming off on the collar. I've found even the good expensive coats have little issues like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really nice. Yuss to being a luxury bitch! xx

    ReplyDelete