Sunday 22 March 2015

Pyjama Project

I had been thinking for sometime about the fat-posi media I was consuming. As someone just getting into fatshion blogging I found myself following lots of blogs for inspiration and to find out the who's-who of fat blogging. But I became more and more aware that I was seeing a lot of the same thing. Inspired by my last post, about the imperfections being ok, I realised that I was seeing a lot of polished, perfect images. High fashion, or highfemme-which are amazing in their own right and I'm super grateful they exist-but there was very little in the way of those who don't subscribe to that either because they don't want to or an unable to for whatever reason, and those people are important too.

So it was for this reason that I started the Pyjama Project. A submissions based Tumblr where fat people can submit images of themselves in their comfy clothes, baggy tees, ugly nighties, lazy day off clothes, face masks, messy hair--and be celebrated for being fab. It was pretty daunting and I didn't exect much of a reception, but there has been some great support so far. I'm not exactly 'tumblr famous' or barely even a drop in the blogging ocean but I wanted to do my bit and I hope it doesn't fall flat at the first hurdle.

If you're interested in submitting you don't need to have a Tumblr account. You can submit 'anon' and just leave any details you want like any social media platforms and the like.

This was my submission. Eeek!


Ruby Thunder, plus size

2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic idea! It's so worthwhile to peel back the curtain and normalise....well, normal people doing normal things. It's an antidote to the 'oh look at me skipping through a meadow holding balloons' brigade. I've done outfit posts in my jim jams and in a onesie before, no fucks given. You rock. <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! Would also like to be able to post this to Instagram as I'm less of a Tumblr person. Is it ok if I start using the hashtag on there and posting pics of me in my allotment and hoovering clothes? :)

    ReplyDelete